How would you describe your family? Whatever you might say, it’s likely your description would be unique to most of the people you know. American families are increasingly diverse. The dictionary says that “family” means “a group of parents and children living together in a household.” That may not even be what describes your family. But whatever your “This is Us” looks like, God loves you and has a great word for how life can get better and better.
We all have one.
While some of us loved our “growing up” years, others of us couldn't wait to move out and start fresh.
Either way, we usually want our Future Family to be a step up from our families of origin. Most of us want something better for our children.
But what? What does our preferred future look like?
What exactly are we aiming for? What do we want the echo to be?
- Actually defining your family goes way beyond today.
- We are who we are because of the people who came before us.
- Those who come after you will be who THEY are largely because of who YOU are.
- Actions speak louder than words and will echo into the next generation.
- In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity and seriousness. Titus 2:7
- Mishandled anger is the most common and most devastating destroyer of the good echo.
- Anger rests in the spirit of a fool. Ecclesiastes 7:9
- If you don’t control your emotions and your desires, you will lose things that you and your family were meant to keep.
- People can only withdraw what’s been deposited.
- Get a vision of what the future will be with you as a link…
Pray and think about the one thing you can begin to do this week that will change the echo in your children and grandchildren? Write your commitment in a prayer.